Thursday, February 15, 2007

Corrupt Child Protection Agents Steal Kids


"While protecting children is a must, the current system in place allows for major abuse of power as each child removed from the home means a money rewards for the CPS office to the tune of thousands of dollars per kid. Every once and awhile a child who needs to be saved from harm actually is helped, but more often than not, children who are not abused or neglected get targeted and taken to meet state quotas for the federal funds. Mainstream media looks the other way because these agencies would accuse them of not supporting child welfare, while corrupt CPS caseworkers (not the good ones, the bad ones, as there are good workers out there) but the corrupt ones tear good, loving families apart and get away with it." -OpposingDigits.com


What do you think?

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

a few weeks ago I was with my kids at my dad's house

I left my two young boys with my step mother as I went to get some sandwiches from a deli down the road

took their dog for a walk with me

was in the store for 10 not even 15 minutes

came out
the leash was cut
the dog was gone

in the end I got the dog back

I wondered
did someone liberate my dog?
a retriever bred for wading and waiting is icy water?
what was the notion?


sometimes the effort of liberation does not meet its goal

I still never found out what happened
was just happy to find my parent's dog